Leaving My Job to Travel the World: All Thanks to Self-Storage



HighlineStorage.com

Leaving your job can be nerve-wracking at the best of times,

but leaving your job to travel the world is just downright daunting! It shouldn’t be. However, if traveling is your passion and you desire to become a new-age, digital nomad or simply jump from country to country doing odd jobs to pay for your travels, then go for it.
I was getting tired of the daily slog of an office job, slaving away behind a computer for someone else’s gain. That’s when I decided to quit my job, pack up and travel the world.
I wanted to see the National Parks, Africa has to offer, go sightseeing in Spain and chill out on the beaches in Greece. I wanted to visit the Borobudur and see the temples in Bali. All in all, I really had some wonderful plans to cover all the continents and make it a lifetime experience.

What do I do with all my stuff?

Leaving your job to go traveling for a number of months means you need to think about your current home. Whether you are leasing a place or own your home- you need to be paying for it if you want to come back to it. And what about all your belongings?
Furniture and appliances are an investment, which I was not ready to give up or sell. I would need them when I return from my travels. I didn’t want to leave them in my apartment and sublet it to someone else. What if they damage my beloved investments while I am away?
There were plenty of options, like filling my parent's garage (they were not too happy about this idea), or selling my possessions online, subletting my apartment and leaving my furniture behind, but at the end of the day, the best option of them all was self-storage.

What about self-storage?

Self-storage is a great option to choose if you are planning to return to your city. You can pack up all your belongings and store them at a facility of your choosing, lock it up and keep the key. This is one of the best benefits of self-storage, only you have access to your unit and can store your goods there safely with peace of mind.
Most self storage facilities can offer you flexible terms and a variety of unit sizes. Additionally, you can access it whenever you like, and do not need to wait around for specific opening hours.

Where can I find a self-storage facility?

Self-storage has become a safe, simple and accessible way to pack up your home for a temporary period of time. Additionally, self-storage can turn out much cheaper than leasing your apartment or replacing your furniture after selling it online before your trip.
Storing facilities can be found country-wide. Iowa is filled with great facilities offering any sized unit you require. An added bonus is that many of these facilities also offer a transporting service to help you move all your things.

Happy storing and happy traveling

Enjoy your travels and rest assured that you made the right decision to rent a self storage unit to take care of all your beloved possessions. The benefits of self-storage are endless, so make the most of them while you enjoy the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 5 Camping Adventure Vehicles

The Swag Nature - America’s Top 10 Greatest Party Lakes

Boondocking Tips and Useful Hacks